Tuesday, October 6, 2009

PEACE LIFE

How good do I need to be? As good as a peaceful state of mind is. ~Jennie S. Bev
Life means many things to many people. To some of us, life is nothing but another train terminal to move on to another level of consciousness. To some others, it is a lifetime opportunity to be somebody they long to. To me, however, life is simply to live. To experience. To seek deeper and wider. The road might be long, winding, bumpy, and even painful. Yet, I am determined to seek out and dig inside.

It is important to me to find out what my highest level of endurance is and whether I will be able to cultivate it in the long run. Oftentimes, though, I feel like it is time for me to move on to another level, to another place, to another time. This is my ultimate temptation. Everything looks like a colorful mosaic to me. There are so many colors, so many forms and so many possibilities. Why don't I try small bites of them all?

Don't we often feel tempted to escape to the land of Easy and try it out? When I was young, I often ran away from problems, to escape, to seek for comfort and consolation. Interestingly, running away didn't solve anything. Rather, it placed me in a labyrinth of multiple problems and lowered my esteem.

As a flesh and blood mortal, I have experienced many painful memories and I believe I'll be experiencing more in the future. It might sound frightening. Yes, it is, in fact I'm now shivering. One thing that I truly believe, though, that those memories are my vessel to escalate my endurance level and make me a better person, a person I have always wanted to be, dreamed of and sought for.

Putting it simply, life is a place to do, to be and to become. There are millions of ways to become and to perform in life. Hence, there is only one truest way: in a peaceful state of mind.

What is peace, then? Is it a condition where there are no fights, no bullies, no contradictory things and no wars? Is it a utopia? No, it is not a utopia, not a dream state. Rather, it is a state of mind where there are no worries, no fear and no conflicting ideas. It is a state of mind where there is no inner tension, where the primary domain is a relaxed state.

No comments:

Post a Comment